Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just once!!!


Just once in my life I would like to go on a call at work where someone did something smart!! All day I respond to people doing dumb things. I just got back from a call with a 20 something guy riding a skateboard, being towed by a four wheeler, not wearing a helmet crashing onto the asphalt. You could say that each of those things alone are stupid but put those into combination and what do you get? A helicopter ride to the trauma center and a direct admit to the operating room with a head injury!! I See it all the time, and it never ceases to amaze me of the crazy things people do. We went out today with free movie passes to give to kids who were riding their bikes with a helmet we had 30 and guess how many we could give out after visiting 2 elementary schools......7!! Yep that's right, only 7!! Parents please make your kids wear a helmet it is the "smart" thing to do and it really does help, trust me I have seen them work. The other genius today was a 16 year old who crashed his bike and got cut up pretty good. He wasn't wearing a helmet of course and was complaining of hurt ribs and some good road rash. We checked him out told him he was OK and to be more careful and sent him home. He couldn't ride his bike home cause his hands were too sore and cut up so he kind of rode/pushed it home. No sooner did we get in the truck and start to leave he comes ripping by on his skateboard headed to the skate park right there in the park!! (NO HELMET OR PADS OF COURSE!!) I don't know about you but I would have called it a day after the first crash resulting in a 911 call. I Just needed to vent at how truly stupid some people can be, and this was all in a matter or 3 hrs in lonely old Riverton.

7 comments:

Christa said...

I'm, uhhh...kind of one of those idiot parents who isn't good about remembering to make my kids wear helmets. Thanks for reminding me.

I can only imagine the stories you have to tell.

Chelsea said...

I love that... But it terrifies me for Logan to grow up! I'm glad you decided to keep blogging!

Danielle said...

Sometimes I wonder if "Survival of the Fittest" isn't truly the best way to go. Super mean, I know...but you wonder...

Beck said...

I get wife points today. While you were at work with all the dummies- your amazing wife was weeding while the kids road their ripsticks with helmets. I rock.

Cassie said...

Oh brother... me and you both see the stupidity of the human race. Amazing what you can rationalize into being a good idea if you try hard enough.

PS-I love Danielle's comment. Too good.

jenn said...

I can only imagine the crazy things you see on a daily basis. It does make you wonder what people could possibly be thinking sometimes.

Thanks for the reminder about the helmets. Yes, each of my children own a helmet, but they don't wear them 100% of the time...more like 75%. I will repent of my ways. :)

Pickle Pop said...

hi dad thats why your so scared when we dont wear our helments!!!!!