Friday, October 10, 2008

Tis The Season!?!?!?

So on Tuesday October 7, myself and the girls went to Lowes to get some odds and ends for the house. As we walked in I look over and they are taking down all the gardening stuff and putting up Christmas stuff!! I had to do a double take and shook my head in disbelief. Rilee and Ashlee noticed my dismay and anger and said,"Dad why are they putting up Christmas stuff it isn't even Halloween yet?" I said to them I don't know and besides it isn't even Halloween there is another holiday in between them! I don't know maybe some of you have heard of it its called THANKSGIVING!!!! You know the holiday where we are supposed to be thankful for all our blessings and for all the things and opportunities that we have. But I guess the Corporate Greed has reached a new high (or low) and is trying to suck every last nickle and dime out of us and has forgotten that some of us want to celebrate our blessings and be thankful instead of go right into the I want monster that Christmas has become! I will not choose to participate in the Christmas season until after Thanksgiving, but here's a idea for corporate America to milk more out of the consumer set up Christmas stuff on Presidents day and you'll almost have a full year to sell your CRAP!!!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Well that is annoying, brother. For some reason- it totally reminded me of the Christmas Store in Valley Fair mall growing up... how in the world did they stay in business all year?

Bryce said...

Seriously - you'd think they'd capitalize the crap out of Halloween first - or maybe they did that back in July and I just missed it.

sweet pickles said...

Poor Thanksgiving. It is always getting overlooked. Glad to see you are an advocate for giving thanks.